I felt weatherware in the shops didn't really hit the spot so I designed my own. After putting hours of thought into the PERFECT hood I found the best materials and gave it a go.
Not blowing my own trumpet or anything, but (ok I am) here's the reasons I LOVE this hood....
1. It's all enveloping and keeps hair fully dry- frizz and rain hair is now a thing of the past. Particularly important for me as I spend loads on keratin treatment and this means I can hang on to a freshly blow dried look
2. It is fully waterproof and dries within an hour of soaking. Very good with all these monsoon rains we seem to have in London and saves the soppy umbrella situation
3. The sheepskin inside is really cosy. Admittedly not real sheepskin but this type of skeepskin has had me fooled for years
4. Hangs aroung the collar really well when not raining and isn't heavy
5. The fur is faux (waterproof) or asiatic or finn raccoon fur, which dries quickly in its natural way. LILhood is a proud member of the British Fur Trade Association
6. The oil skin outside goes very well with a Barbour, cool with denim, tweed or a ballgown!
7. Makes a nice knee warmer at work or on the tube
8. Drawstring can be pulled in, with additional thick ribbon for double closure in downpours
10. Choice of colour and style- let me know what you like and I'll make it!